Search This Blog

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Does it Matter?

Does it matter...?
I wonder does it matter what we do if God already knows what is going to happen. We evangelize but God knows who is going to follow. According to several of my friends. And the discussions we have at the end of discussing how we are going to plan an event. I hear these words "well what ever we do it doesn't matter because God is in control". I agree God is in control but does it matter/ I'm not sure who comes by my blog but if you have some thoughts please I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

David Rogers said...

For a more philosophical answer, read my post "Calvinism, Free Will, Narnia & Christian Unity" at loveachstone.blogspot.com.

For a more practical and direct answer, YES, it matters. Everything we do or do not do for the glory of the Lord on this earth matters for eternity.

We, as Christians, are all stewards, entrusted with the "talents" the Lord gives to each one. And one day, we will each have to give an account. In that day, it will matter very much whether or not we did our very best with the talents he entrusted into our care.

Blessings (y ánimo)

David

J. Guy Muse said...

A quote that has helped me over the years is...

"Pray as if everything depended upon God; work as if everything depended upon man."

I don't know the answer to your questions, but do know that God listens and acts upon our prayers, and expects us to obey what He has said (including the GC.)