Search This Blog

Monday, November 05, 2007

JEBU #1



As I start to post installments from our weekend. I will start with the ones that kept us going. These women prepared and feed some 300 young people. I'm going to list just a few things that were bought and prepared. The whole weekend was fantastic. We were able to stay with the pastor and his family. They are very special people, we were able to make some lasting memories. Well let me get started....
1. 35 whole chickens already prepped for cooking. (that is an important point here)
2. 176 lbs of rice
3. they peeled 132 lbs of carrotts
4. peeled some 308 lbs of potatos.
5. each morning they served .....
50 liters of milk
10 liters of cafe
20 kilos of sugar (44 lbs)
40 kilos of bread (88 lbs)
5 kilos of butter for the 3 days (ll lbs)
6. there was some 60 liters of oil used for cooking (15 gallons)
7. 5 kilos of cheese rollado (11 lbs)
8. 7 kilos of mayonesa (15 lbs) that was used in one meal
There was several other things like salt, red pepper, garlic and green peas.
Teresa, the pastor's wife Vicki were up by 6 or 7 and normally did not get in bed till 1 or 1:30 in the morning. To what I saw with no breaks. When they weren't preparing food they were cleaning up the comodor and cocina.
It was impressive to say the least.
As I get my thoughts in line I post on the total weekend.
Thanks to all that prayed for us during this time.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: