Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Second week home....

We have been back in the states now for 7 days. It pretty much has been a whirl wind. We landed on Tuesday afternoon. Stopped by an mexican restaurant. (didn't taste like i had remembered) Made it back to my sister-in-laws place for a little rest and visit family. Wednesday we recouped a little but we went to my younger brothers place for supper. Thursday we rested some but made a run into town to look and shop a little. ( I couldn't stay in Wal-mart long. I think my mind was having a problem processing all the English being spoke. Normally I can block out sounds when I'm walking and talking with whom ever I'm with. But I guess my ears weren't accustomed to hearing it so it wanted to focus on it. It gave me a pretty bad head ache. That was a little weird.) Friday and Saturday Teresa was out with my brother's wife and her sister. Sunday we went to church and early Monday morning we off on a plane to the International Learning Center. That is where we are at now. We are going thru some new training and a type of debriefing. We will finish up here on Sunday and 5 am on Monday we are on our way back to the airport and return to Athens.
The kids are enjoying their time. The ILC had many treats and debriefing for them as well. Making new friends and even reengaging some old ones. As well as meeting friends in 3d instead of 2d chat. They are doing a lot more but I'm not sure what. They keep them pretty busy which is a task working with TCK's. (third culture kids) If you want to know more about those type of kids send me note or email and I will go into more detail. It is quiet interesting to see TCKs interact.
Thanks again for all your prayers. In upcoming post I will be sharing what we are planning for our next term on the field.

No comments: