Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Done this already.


I wrote a pretty lengthy post and lost it all. Don't really have the heart to do it again. But here it goes in a short version.

April was pretty busy with bike rides. Some friends from Rocha came over by bikes. We wanted to show a evangelistic movie but rain dampened it a little. We woke the next morning and left on a 100 kilometer ride to Santa Clara. We stopped there ate, camped and showed a movie. There a few contacts made but no decisions. We came back the next morning by way of a shorter route. Arrived here in Treinta y Tres showed a movie in the plaza and made some more contacts. All in all it was a good time for the kids to share with the kids from Rocha.

Teresa and I have started our language learning again here in Treinta y Tres. Our tutor is very professional and teaches English. Teresa loves the class room stuff. You know me, class room is not my cup of tea. All in all it is going well. Through it all, God has opened up a tremendous door.
Today Gemer (tutor) asked me to come back tonight and talk with one of his advance classes. The reason was to discuss about how his classes could interact with our volunteer groups we have coming from the states. Gemer has said that he is a believer. And I will dive deeper into that later. I talked with the students and they were very open to the opportunity to be able to interact with the groups. At the moment I have 8 youth (17 -18 ) interested. Tomorrow I will talk with two other classes about the same thing. God is really open the door to touch several youth. We have also asked them if they were interested they could come over eat and practice their English. After talking with that group tonight, I got some good insight on what to be praying about. The kids asked me, did I like living here? Well of course I said yes and that is the truth. It is a nice to place to live. They thought I was crazy. They said it was boring with nothing to do but Saturday nights sit on the main drag and watch cars go by.

They said they want somewhere they could go, sit, eat and be with friends. This town is loaded with teenage kids. I'm really praying hard on what to do next. Anyway I have really been encouraged by what God is showing me and I look forward to what he will show and teach me tomorrow.




























No comments: