Search This Blog

Sunday, June 18, 2006

One of those biggest fears.

I guess one of the biggest fears that you face, or I face anyway, as a missionary is that time when your parent or parents will pass on. No one has passed in my family but a scare has happened. My dad is in ICU with blood clots in his lungs. Everything is stable and I’m praising God. But back to the topic... I can still look back at the days I didn't have that hope in the Lord. When I didn't think about what will happen after death. Or what will happen to my loved ones after this time on earth. Will I see them in eternity? Man, how do people without that Hope live with those thoughts? I am so thankful for the Hope I have and the peace I have in the Lord. I read something today from A.W. Tozer that said.” God cannot use a man until he has hurt him deeply.” I don’t have the whole context to what he was writing. So I wonder is that a general statement or was he referring to something specific? When my brother told me of the news of my dad, a world of questions went through my head. Did I witness to him enough, hard enough, or direct enough. Are the ones that believe my dad is saved, from knowing him in his younger years, are they right?

Just one of the fears we face on the field.

I’m thankful for our Lord…
27 May peace be with you; my peace I give to you: I give it not as the world gives. Let not your heart be troubled; let it be without fear.
John 14:27 (BBE)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your Dad and for you and your family who are not there with him at this time. We can't be in two places at once but our God can and in that I pray you know His peace.

Another M, Joan