Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Taste of Home!!


What a surprise day before yesterday when I found cilantro on the counter of our fruit stand. It was the only pack. You rarely see fresh herbs here like cilantro. I bought it and guess what we did with it. you guessed it. Salsa... I went today and bought tomatoes, onion and garlic. We had some jalapenos that we bought by the gallon at the Brazilian border and whala.. Salsa. We don't have any type of corn chip so we are going to attempt to make some chips after lunch. The smell just flooded the house and what a tasty odor it was. The kids where besides themselves with excitement. Especially CoraBeth, who likes to eat jalapenos with popcorn. Anyway just something I thought I would share.
A friend from the states was asking about Carnival here in Uruguay. I tried to explain a little, but to be honest I don't know the origin and why it is still celebrated in detail. So I'm trying to put together something that will explain it better than I did.

No comments: