Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Late September update....

Well it's the third of October so I'm not too late. September was rather slow. We are coming out of our winter and it just didn't want to let go. Just to let you in on some cultural things. By the time September got here heating fuel was at a low. Wood was hard to find and if you did find some, they had jacked the price up it just wasn't affordable. The country had a shortage of heating gas. We ended up heating with gas and electric, we had to watched the electric, it gets a little pricey as well. We normally have two milk companies that deliver to our town. We are not really sure why but the one that we like is not delivering here any more and we think that they have stopped delivering to the country all together. That is yet to be confirmed. The other choice is pretty nasty and getting used to the taste is going to take a while.
It is funny how the interior part of the country is...well, when things are happening they are happening fast. But when things are slow, you wonder if you should check the pulse of the people and the town. September I was checking my pulse frequently.
September was a special month, for my 40th birthday was at the end. Really no big deal I feel just as old as I did at 39. What is special about the whole deal is that now at 40 all my run races, road races and mountain bike races, I can race in the veterans class. Divisions run from 30 to 39 yrs old 40 to 49 yrs old and 50 above. So my next bench mark will be 50.
The kids are doing good. September was the second month of home school. things seem to clicking along for them. Garrett seems to enjoying it a little better. CoraBeth is really liking the DVD system. Mama is as well.
CoraBeth is active in gymnastics. She is doing it all over the place, living room, and furniture.
Garrett has gotten serios about racing. He races in the 15 to 17 year old division. That is for road and mountain bike. At the moment he has won second on several mountian bike races and is leading the points race for one of the national outdoor orginazations. His road racing is improving as well. He normally has to race in the Masters A division. (29 yrs old and younger) So far he has taken second and third in few of those races. I believe his involvement has helped him stay motivated in school . Knowing that if school slips, cycling stops.
As you can see by the photos I posted below. We stay busy with Garrett and Corabeth. This also allows us to meet many new people. Build relationships with people we would not meet if would for our kids. Through these relationships we can share what we cam e here to share.
I'm still teaching English as a second language. They are not learning much...a lot of that is my fault but they keep coming back...so I'm still going. Trying to make an impact thier lives.
The ministries that we are involved in are still marching on. Minas is moving on there. Here in Treinta y Tres is doing well. It has had a good influx of new people of late so we are very thankful for that. Santa Clara is going on with only two beleivers at the moment steps are slow but steady.
This past 27th, 28th and 29th of September we had an evangelical event called "Mi Esperanza". This a county wide event that is televised on the TV. I don't have are results yet but as soon as I have them I'll let you know.
This next month I will be taking myself and two pastors from here to participate in a Timothy Barnabas Conference in Monte, Argentina. This is done by First Baptist Woodstock. I'm looking forward to this trip. So I covet your prayers of a safe journey, and that all three of us would grow closer to the Lord.
I know the grammar is terrible, please forgive me. My English might be going to pot but I feel my Spanish is getting better. (je, je)
I want to thank all that sent letters and care packages for my birthday. The kids loved all the candy. And a special thanks to Cindy and Bev for the Starbucks Colombian coffee.
We have a special church family back home and we apreciate you so much. For all our prayer warrior, thank you agian for your continue intercession.
May God continue to richly bless you.
Michael, Teresa, Garrett and CoraBeth.

1 comment:

Zita Stillings said...

I have to say it is a good sign when your English starts going to pot.It just means that your Spanish is improving by leaps and bounds . . . right?

My English is going as well.Just a clue, I used to be a top notch speller.But now I second guess myself all the time when I write in English.

All for the glory of God right?It´s good to hear an update from the ministry there.Keep up the good work!