Search This Blog

Monday, March 06, 2006

First day of School!! (Nine years Old)


I know some of you are saying,"we still have several months till our kids get out and yours is just now starting". Well, seasons are reversed were we live. So our daughter will be continuing her marathon of school. Let me explain. May of 2004 our kids got out of school. We immediately went to MLC and there they continued a type of school, some academics and some other VBS type stuff. As my son points our also there was no summer off involved in any of this. After MLC we had a few weeks off then off to Costa Rica in August starting school for all of us. The kids had a school program that lasted till we left in August of 2005. We left three days early from CR to accommodate Ms in our country. Upon arrival to our country the kids started their homeschooling. Now rolling into 2006, they are continuing their homeshooling but our daughter is doubling up as they say. With attending a national school (in Spanish) and taking English home schooling to boot. Wow, after writing all that down, I'm surprised they have kept it together like they have. I have to say God has taken care of my kids and has given them more intelligence than I could ever wish for. Many people have asked why MKs are a little different than the average kid. Well that is just a touch of what they go through on the field. There are many and I mean many social walls they climb as well. I love them and thank the Lord for them daily. My 9 year old sweetie and my 14 year old going on 20 son are gifts from God and I'm thankful he has seen fit to give me two wonderful human beings.
I also want to apologize for my rambling on...I am not a writer by no means. I hope my thoughts are not to scattered and my grammar is not to bad.
May you see God's blessing daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord bless each of you on journey to do HIS will.