Search This Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2006

It's Been A While..............

I've received a few emails asking if I was ok. Due to the fact I haven't posted anything lately. I'm fine. I have been down in my back and sitting at the computer is a little tough. It seems to be getting a little better but still very difficult to walk. I can ride a bike with little problem. I know it doesn't make sense but that is the truth. So I will probably go riding later this afternoon. My son and I have a race April 2nd that I'm no where ready for.
Speaking of racing. Garrett and I did our first father and Son race last weekend. We did ok considering that I haven't been able to train much with my bike. Garrett did a great job considering also it was his first race. I hope that this sparks an interest in him for the future. "Los vemos". (we'll see) For me it was great seeing him work hard on the bike. Let me see if I can step you through the race. We started from a hotel in Periapolis. After a 1/2 mile we started a first climb. Came back down the same road and went a ways till we started our next climb that was extremely steep. A lot of the riders where off their bikes pushing. I believe Garrett made it the whole way. We hit some flats then again another good climb. That climb all where off their bikes due to it was one path and everyone else was off pushing. We hit some rolling hills later and kept a pretty good pace. We come out and hit a road that went along the beach and a strong head wind. Garrett did a good job of pulling a little, then he quickly tucked in behind me and we caught a few riders. We turned off the beach road onto some sand and it got pretty touch with the sand.
We finally hit some dirt roads with rolling hills and then on into town. We finished 8th out of 27 father and son teams. When we crossed the finish line Garrett wanted to hold hands up high and thank the Lord for us finishing the race. Garrett was really concerned for my back, but God blessed that time together and this will be a memory that I will not forget. It was only a 40 kilometer race and it took us a 1 hour and 54 minutes to finish.

No comments: