Search This Blog

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Let us all go to the River!!!!



What a day!!! God gave some amazing grace today. After reading Guy's post and not sure what to expect at our baptism. It was a beautiful day. We started by loading tables, chairs and food into the truck. Another church came down for a joint service. We baptized three new creatures of God today. After they were baptized, as they were coming up out of the river, they were singing and praising the Lord. We came back and ate and fellowshiped. After that we had a time of singing and observed the Lords Supper. My friend later shared a brief word from scripture. Later we played some games and drank "mate". I know that sounded like rambling but now let me go back and fill in some details.
Surprises for me.
1. Pastor asking me to pray and serve the bread.
(my Spanish definitely is not were it needs to be)
2. Seeing how many that didn't partake in the LS, and knowing what that means to them and me. 3. How well they took to playing horse shoes.

1 comment:

J. Guy Muse said...

That is a neat story about the baptisms! I spend so much time "in the dumps" and the Lord knows I need to witness these wonderful things that He continues to do in our midst. To see people actually saved and following the Lord in baptism makes all we put up with worthwhile doesn't it?

Keep up the good blogging. I enjoy reading your posts. I had lost your address but picked it up again reading your comment on one of the other blogs.