Search This Blog

Friday, March 24, 2006

What a Week!!!


Has been a busy week, It seems as though just living takes up all our time. Getting up, getting the kids started on school. Eating lunch, and then getting the youngest ready for her afternoon school.
Teresa does such a wonderful job on taking care of us I can't say enough how much I love her.
Well the week didn't start off to good. We have decided the physical therapist and I that I have a bulging or herniated disc. I have been exercising more and started on the rehabilitation process. I think in time and good exercising I will recover. Just learning to cope with the pain and learn how not to be a pain to deal with, things will be fine.
How easy it is to forget the simple things back home. My family had sent us some Martha White blueberry muffins. Teresa fixed them one morning this past week. As I watch my nine year old cherish every bite. I couldn't but help but think how we should cherish every bite of the Word of God the way I watched my youngest taste every bite of those blueberry muffins.
I have read and continually go back to a book that a fellow missionary let me borrow called the "The Strategy of Satan" by Warren Wiersbe. It has been good for to learn how the devil wants to sift me and deceive me. It has been even better how God has given me the tools and armor to defend against his attacks. I would not be true to myself or God if I told you everything was going just perfect here. I sometimes think I'm not qualified to do what our mission board wants. Or that I'm not as spiritual as I should be. I have answered the call on my life and I want to so bad to please our Lord and Savior. Some days I wonder what am I doing here. I can't share my heart with people here like I could at home. The language is not coming as fast as I would hope it would come. I know our only purpose is to please our Father but you can't help to think that you don't want to let down the folks back home that have given for us (my family) to be here. You don't want to let down your fellow colleges as well. When you know that some believe that I should have more theological training than I have. I have received so much encouragement from fellow M's. And though I might not acknowledge it well, I do appreciate all of the Godly advice.

Enough of that, yesterday I received with Uruguayan honor, my first portable “parrilla”. Grilling out as we call it is something that the Uruguayans pride themselves on. The Pastor of the church here makes them and many other type of metal objects. He is good at making these and other type items. He is a modern Paul; he just makes “parrillas” en lugar de tents. Most of the gente here in the campo do not use “carbon” but burn wood down and cook over coals. It sounds easy but there is a little bit you have to learn about what wood is best, how long will it take and how hot to get the fire. I think I will catch on quick, because as I was growing up I remember many times as my dad and his friends would cook on the 4th of July. They would use hickory wood and spend just about the whole night cooking pork and chickens for the next day of feasting. Just thinking about those days makes my mouth water.

So much I would like to say but sitting here in front of the computer is not good for my back. Teresa and I are off to get our bed that we have had made. I’m excited about not having to sleep on the floor. The simple things we take for granted. I hope all this rambling made some sense. Until next time may God bless your steps.
Quote of the Day…I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man I've met.
Dwight L. Moody

No comments: